LOOKING AFTER YOUR CANDLES
Each and every one of our candles is produced with great care. The key to creating a perfect candle burning experience comes down to how the candle is made, and how it is maintained throughout its lifetime.
Please follow our candle care and safety tips to help you get the best scent diffusion and burn performance from your candle.
Always store candles in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight, as they are sensitive to temperature and light which can damage the structure of the wax and affect the way your candle performs.
Before lighting, always ensure your candle wick is trimmed to approximately 5mm to remove any “clubbing” from the wick. This will prevent the candle from smoking and will ensure better scent diffusion. It also yields a smaller, more elegant flame. Please make sure the wick is centered within the wax at all times to ensure uniform burning.
CANDLE SAFETY TIPS
- Make sure you remove all packaging before burning and always read individual candle warning labels.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Do not burn candles on or near anything flammable, and allow ample headroom for the candle flame in a well-ventilated area.
- Never allow the flame to touch the side of the glass.
- Do not place candle in direct contact with a glass, marble or wooden surface whilst burning. Make sure all candles are burned on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
- Do not burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Prior to burning always check that the clay pot is not cracked or damaged.
- Leave the candle to cool down and allow the wax to solidify before moving it.
- If the candle smokes, the flame becomes too high or flickers excessively, extinguish it, then trim the wick and check for draughts before lighting again.